Click to Home
Connect with the Court

Go To Search
What do I do to collect my money or property?
If you have won your case, you are the Judgment Creditor. The loser of the case is the Judgment Debtor. The Small Claims Procedure Clerk will give you (the Judgment Creditor) a form entitled "Judgment Debtor's Statement of Assets". This form is to be used to help in the collection of the judgment,as the basis for proceedings such as Executions and Garnishments of wages and bank accounts or other property, if that becomes necessary.

The loser (Judgment Debtor) has 14 days after the judgment to pay the judgment or file an appeal.

Unless an appeal has been filed or full payment made to you or the Clerk of the District Court within 14 days of the date of the judgment, you (the Judgement Creditor) are required to do the following:

1. Send a copy of the Judgment Form or Journal Entry of judgment and the blank form, Judgment Debtor's Statement of Assets, to the loser.

2. File proof of mailing with the Clerk of the Court. The Judgment Debtor has 30 days to complete the for Judgment Debtor's Statement of Assets and return it to the Clerk of the Court, who will in turn send it to you.

Small Claims

Show All Answers

1. What is required to file a small claims case?
2. Who can be sued in Small Claims Court?
3. How do I file a claim?
4. What do I do after the claim is filed?
5. What will my day in court be like?
6. What do I do to collect my money or property?
7. How do I appeal a case?
8. What if I am being sued in Small Claims Court?
9. Where do I get the forms?
10. What if I have other questions?