Click to Home
Connect with the Court

Go To Search
How do I file a claim?
If your case meets the requirements, you should file your claim by going to the Small Claims Division of the office the the Clerk of the District Court, located at 200 Southeast Seventh Street, Room 209, Topeka, Kansas 66603. You should have with you the required filing fee, as well as the name and address of the person(s) you are suing.

You should also decide ahead of time the exact amount you want to recover, and be prepared to give a written explanation of your case.

You may then fill out the petition at the Clerk's office and file it, or you may take it home to complete and file later. The petition must be notarized or signed before the Clerk.

Small Claims

Show All Answers

1. What is required to file a small claims case?
2. Who can be sued in Small Claims Court?
3. How do I file a claim?
4. What do I do after the claim is filed?
5. What will my day in court be like?
6. What do I do to collect my money or property?
7. How do I appeal a case?
8. What if I am being sued in Small Claims Court?
9. Where do I get the forms?
10. What if I have other questions?